Search This Blog

Loading...

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Too Faced GlamourTo Go! II



Hello everyone! I am so sorry this took so long to post up! Ok, so I have an excuse. It may not be a great excuse but an excuse none the less. So school has just started up for me and I've been busy getting ready for classes and such. What does this mean? Posts may become less and less frequent. I'll try to at least have one/two posts a week if not more if I have the time. I'm so sorry guys! <3

So this will have to hold you over until my next post. :)

So lets get started!

Ok, so what the Too Faced Glamour To Go! II ($19.50) is, is a mini palette (about the size of a cell phone) with everything for eyes, lips and cheeks.


I LOVE the huge mirror that comes with this! I can get all up close and personal while applying my make up and I like it! >:D

However I do find it disheartening that there are no brushes with this kit. It's a "To Go" palette, as in "grab it and go!" not "Grab it and about 3 make up brushes and then you can go!"

For me, it's not really that big of a deal, I don't mind carrying around make up brushes but for the way they are marketing this palette it should have come with brushes.

I also happen to like the color choices they chose to go with in this palette.

Eyeshadow Swatches/No Base
Lip Colors/Cheek Color

The colors I feel are very wearable but the lighter colors are on the shearer side. You can't see it in the picture but they do give off a bit of a shimmer when applied and the pink-y color the second from the left on the bottom gives off a very beautiful duo chrome that is very hard to pick up on the camera.

The shadows are creamy and easy to apply. I'm actually quite impressed with them.

The lip colors are very nice as well. Very wearable pinks but I feel like they come off more sheer on my lips then they do in the swatches but then again I HATE lip palettes.

It just always feels like more of a hassle then they're worth. The lip brushes I get always shed hairs on my lips, the colors get all yucky looking and you can never get enough on your lips and when you use your fingers they get all sticky and unless you've got a tissue with you you're out of luck.

PROBLEMS.

But as far as the color goes and when I did try them on my lips they were not sticky and the colors go with anything and everything (if you pack it on enough to see the colors otherwise they are very sheer)


When it comes to the blush I'm not a huge fan of the color. It's a peachy bronze shimmer blush and it is very pretty, I just feel like I have so many blushes already that are almost identical. Also the texture is a little grainy. Not like the shadows that were butter smooth. Plus it, I guess the word is crumbles (?) so there's a powdery mess all over the place. Not fun :P

But I will say something for it, it is very, very pigmented. All you need is a touch and you're good to go!

I have to say you get a lot for about $20. It may not be perfect but I do think it's a good find if you like all in one sets and don't mind using your own brushes.

Another thing to keep in mind with these kind of palettes is that when you have cream products next to powder products they tend to get into each other. The line of separation is very thin so make up can get a little mixed together and for that sometimes smaller isn't always better. 

Time for the breakdown :)

Packaging : 4/5 (no brushes and cream/powder products get into each otehr)
Product: 4.5/5 (blush crumbles a little)
Price: 5/5
Value: 5/5
Would I Buy Again?: Sure :)

Do you like "to go" palettes like these? If so which ones? Have you tried Too Faced cosmetics? If so what do you think about them? If you've started school how's it going?! :)

~Beatrice

**DISCLAIMER**

I have purchased this item with my own money and any and all reviews are my honest and humble opinion. I am not affiliated with this brand or company in any way.

PS- If you've been following my blog what do you think of the new layout? Tell me what you think! :)

2 comments:

  1. The palette looks wonderful, too bad the shades are a bit sheer and it makes cream-powder-ickies. Such small improvements would make it perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. agreed! and I actually like the shades for the most part. very wearable. but then again, that may be why they made the shades sheer since that makes them virtually goof proof. . . hmmm *ponders* lol :)

    ReplyDelete