Search This Blog

Loading...

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Jessie J Inspired Makeup Tutorial: Making The World Dance!

I don't know about anyone else, but I LOVE Jessie J's song "Price Tag"





I also love her makeup in the video, so I decided to do a look inspired by her makeup in the video!



click any photo to expand


Now I know I look NOTHING like Jessie J and the look isn't EXACTLY what she wore in the video, but I figure I hit close enough and hey, it's fun playing with other people's looks lol

So first off I started with placing a light gold eyeshadow all over my lids. I used Urban Decay's Half Baked Eyeshadow.



Next I took out a black eyeliner and thickly rimmed my eyes with it. I used Too Faced's Lava Gloss eyeliner which is a pretty cool eyeliner on it's own (giving a glossy finish instead of a typical matte or satin finish).




After I placed the eyeliner I took a stiff angled brush and s
mudged out the eyeliner making a wing at the outer corners. 


This step can be tricky so a good tip would be to clean up the lines with a little make up remover on a cotton swab or a makeup remover wipe.

After the liner was smudged I set it with a matte black eyeshadow.
Jessie J is most definately using false eyelashes in her video
but I'm not one for false lasess so insted
I used a TON of black mascara and the eyes were ready to go!




For the face I notised that Jessie J wasn't wearing much on her cheeks but they did have a very pretty sheen so I just used Benefit's Moonbeam all over my cheeks instead.



As far as the lips are concerned, I just used a little concealer to block out my natural color
and used NYX's Sheer Gloss in Sweet Dream to add the shinny hint of pink she had in the video.


And then you're done!






I love Jessie J's message in her video and the beat really does make you want to get up and dance! (so I guess she got what she wanted in the end lol)
On a completely seperate note, I got my hair cut the other day, so what do you think? Are you a fan of bangs? Love them or leave them? I'm pretty happy with the results myself. It was time for a change lol



Stay happy and healthy!
~Beatrice

No comments:

Post a Comment