Search This Blog

Loading...

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Maybelline One By One Volum' Express Waterproof Mascara Review


Hello everyone! I've been wanting to try out Maybelline's One by One Mascara and I needed a new waterproof mascara so I figured I'd get two birds with one stone. After all, the real reason I wanted to try out this mascara was for it's "lash catching" brush.

They Say:

"FINALLY, BOLD WITHOUT THE BULK! WATERPROOF, INSTANT CLUMP-FREE VOLUME THE LASH CATCHER BRUSH CATCHES, COATS AND DECLUMPS.

Why You'll Love It


Finally, bold volume without any of the bulk.
• Patented Lash Catcher™ brush has 3 bristles per lash to make every lash count
• Catches, coats and de-clumps each lash to make them all fatter and flirtier
• Instant clump-free volume
• Contact lens safe and ophthalmologist-tested
• Waterproof, also available in Washable formula 

For Best Results

Sweep brush upwards from root to tip to add volume to each lash. Continue building lashes until you reach your desired look. Do not let dry between coats. Removes easily with soap and water or Expert Eyes® Moisturizing Eye Makeup Remover."

It retails for around $7.99 in your local drug store. I don't know how unique the brush really is, to me it looks like nothing I haven't seen before, but how about we let the photos speak for themselves.


(Click Any Photo To Expand)

After the first coat I felt like the mascara gave a very natural look, like my own lashes but better and I think that's great for daytime looks where you don't want to look too made up.

I feel like the second coat was the sweet spot for me. It gave me the desired volume that I wanted without being clumpy or messy. Once we got up to three coats my lashes started to stick together and it looked very crunchy. Three coats could work if you used a lash brush and combed out the clumps but I'm lazy and would never take the time for that extra step.

Although I think this is a great mascara I feel as though the formula is very "crunchy" not that I take time to periodically pet my lashes for softness, I do prefer my lashes to not be deep-fried crisp.

Other than this I really don't have many complaints for this mascara. I'm actually really pleased with how well it both looks and holds up! I feel as though this mascara will be repurchased in the future!

Let's hear it for the break down!

Packaging : 5/5
Product: 4/5 (feels crunchy on lashes)
Price: 5/5
Value: 5/5
Would I Buy Again?: Yes! I think I just found a new favorite mascara!

What is your favorite waterproof mascara? Do you like waterproof mascara's at all? Why or why not? Is there anything else from Maybelline that I should take a look at? Let me know!

Stay happy and healthy!
~Beatrice


**DISCLAIMER**

I have purchased this item with my own money and any and all reviews are my honest and humble opinion. I am not affiliated with this brand or company in any way.


No comments:

Post a Comment