Search This Blog

Loading...

Friday, May 13, 2011

Fairytale Inspired Tutorial: The Princess And The Pea


click any photo to enlarge

Hello All! Blogger was on a bit of a vacation so I wasn't able to post this when I wanted too...This look is a request by TheCandiedMango so I decided to take her up on it!



First thing I did after applying my concealer and foundation was apply Urban Decay's Primer Potion in Eden all over my lids. Then I applied a color base on top of that. The pink shade I used was Victoria's Secret's Beauty Rush Chubby Eye Stick in Pink Flash




After this I patted a mid toned pink all over my lids. I used most of my eyeshadows from the Victoria's Secret Total Makeup Kit and this particular pink had a bit of golden shimmer to it which added another pretty element to the total look. (sorry if you can't see it in the pictures...I rally tried to pick it up!)




I blended the edges with a lighter toned pink and highlighted my inner corners with a white with a touch of pink. 




For the "pea" portion of the princess and the pea I added a grass-y/pea green to the outer corners and into my crease, blending upwards. 




For the upper highlight I used Wet N' Wild's Vanity Palette (the lightest matte color) and under the lids I used a pretty pale blue, shimmery liner (NYX eyeliner Seafoam Green) ) to make the look a bit more "dreamy" since after all, the princess was proved to be a princess because she was able to feel the pea from under all those sheets! For the upper liner I used Milani's Liquif'eye in brown and winged it out taking the color into my waterline. 





I finished it off with Benefit's Bad Gal Lash Mascara and the eyes are done!




For the face I kept it simple. I used the bright pink blush that came in the Victoria's Secret palette an used the lighter shimmery pink as my highlight. 


And finally for the lips I used Stilla's Lip Glaze in Harmony over my lipbalm and the look is finished!





I am so happy I was finally able to put this tutorial up!  It took me forever to be able to but I'm pretty happy with the results! I'm totally going to keep this series going! If you try this out please send me a link  to the pictures! Not totally your thing? Change it up! Any fairytale characters I missed? Let me know! 

Stay happy and healthy!
~Beatrice 
*Update*

Click HERE for Cinderella
Click HERE for Cinderella In Rags

8 comments:

  1. I love this look! I don't think I ever would have thought to put pink and green together, but it looks so pretty! When people talk about "romantic" makeup looks, this is the type of look I think of. I'm going to have to copy it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh, be my guest! I'd love to see it if you do it!!! It would make me so happy lol and thank you so much <3 I really appreciate the wonderful comment XD but seriously, if you copy it, take a picture so I can see :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a beautiful look ^^

    Xoxo Christine
    http://christineiversen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a really pretty look! So glad that I just found your blog via Makeup & Beauty Blog. I think you'd really enjoy our blog too, so definitely check it out sometime! It's so nice to "meet" you!

    Mendi @ Her Late Night Cravings
    http://www.herlatenightcravings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you! I definately will :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, goodness, this is so stinking cute. Thanks for working with this idea! Usually people stick to the Disney princesses if they do that sort of themed makeup; it's fun to see different stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  7. no problem! I was happy to do it and it was a great idea :) Thank you for the wonderful comment! It really means so much to me! :) <3

    ReplyDelete