Search This Blog

Loading...

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Green Face of the Day + My Glow-y Face Routine

Hello everyone! I was going to do a tutorial today but decided that the look wasn't really special enough for a tutorial so I decided to focus on the skin which I happen to do quite frequently.





So for my foundation I mix together my Revlon ColorStay foundation in 110 Ivory with my Neutrogena Combination Skin Oil Free Moisturizer to make my own tinted moi



I then contour my face with my CoverGirl Clean pressed powder and my Benefit Powder brush (putting powders on before you set your makeup ensures that the color lasts longer). This brush is slightly tapered, flatter and stiffer than most so it works extremely well for contouring (in my opinion lol)



After this I used my Benefit Moonbean hilighter and used it on the bridge of my nose and the tops of my cheeks, setting it with my Physician's Formula bronzer in Moonlight and my Ecotools Bronzer Brush (holy grail brush right there)



I then use the same eco tools brush and the CoverGirl powder and dust it on my neck and into the temples and the glowing skin is finished!

For the lips I first used NYX's Soft Matte Lip Cream in Stockholm with Stilla's Kitten gloss on top but I decided I wanted to switch it up and used NYX's jumbo lip pencil in Mauve and Stilla's Kitten gloss instead.
First Lip Combo
second lip combo
And some more pics in case these weren't enough lol




I feel like the slightly darker lip really does change the look fo the whole thing. What are your favorite lip combos? Let me know!
Stay happy and healthy!
~Beatrice

5 comments:

  1. Your skin looks flawless! And I love the hat- so cute! I wish I looked at least semi-decent in hats, but I just look like silly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you so much! (that means the foundation is working >> lol ) and that's just like me with fuschia lips >< Can't pull it off for the life of me. That, hot pinks and most blue toned pinks...makes my lips look funky and not in the good way lol But thank you again for the wonderful comment! It means the world to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute hat! Can you do a hair tutorial, too? My hair has about the same amount of wave as yours (but it's shorter) and I'm always interested in some new styling tips. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! I love the hat as well ;) I just bought that bronzer brush last week and I'm in love with it. I liked my Eco-Tools before (powder brush, retractable kabuki, and liner brush), but now I'm in love. I've made it mission to buy every brush they make! I just wish there was more variety (contouring brushes, more eye brushes, etc).

    I'm lucky enough to be able to pull off blue-based hot pink lips, which I became obsessed with last summer lol The only time I do a dark/heavy lip is with reds, like MAC's 'Extended Play' and 'Russian Red' (my two faves) or MUFE's Satin Fuchsia (my favorite hot pink). Other than that I keep it pretty natural because I'm more of an eye product junkie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @makeupandbeautygossip - Sure! Honestly this was so easy (I'm a lazy hair person I have to say lol)

    @witchhazel - yeah same when it comes to the eyes. and thank you so much! lol the eco tools brushes are really well made. I also love how affordable they are :)

    Thank you both for the amazing comments! they mean the world to me!

    ReplyDelete